Subscribers can exchange tickets with no fee. "5 or More" package holders can exchange tickets for $15 per ticket.
Tickets may be exchanged between series, subject to availability. Prices vary by concert, so any additional charge would need to be paid at the time of the exchange.
Subscribers may exchange their series tickets online once subscription tickets have been mailed out.
Tickets must be received by the Box Office or exchanged by phone or online no later than 24 hours before the concert you are exchanging into or out of, whichever occurs first.
Past-dated, donated and transferred tickets are not exchangeable or refundable.
Patrons are charged the full price for the performance into which they are exchanging.
Festival concerts and special events are not exchangeable (into or out of).
In addition to series tickets, subscriber add-on concerts (except festival concerts and special events) are exchangeable.
Additional tickets purchased with an exchange by phone, fax, mail, or email will be subject to a per-ticket fee as of May 7, 2017.
- Exchange tickets in your seating area may not be available.
- Patrons exchanging into a higher-priced seat will be charged the difference.
- When an exchange is made for a lower-priced ticket, a credit will be added to the exchanger's account, usable during the 2017 season to purchase additional tickets or parking passes. Credits are not transferable and must be used by the end of the current season.
- There are no refunds for any ticket exchange.
- Any exchange request must be accompanied by tickets with a valid barcode.
- Only subscribers of record or their guest designate may make a regular exchange without a fee (subject to availability).
FOUR EXCHANGE METHODS
Step 1: Click Log in (at top of this page).
Step 2: Add desired new seats to your cart.
Step 3: Return to your account by clicking your name at the top and selecting MY ACCOUNT from the drop down menu.
Step 4: Click VIEW TICKETS next to the concert you want to exchange out of in the "My Upcoming Events" section (in the center).
Step 5: Click RETURN TICKETS. In the dialogue box, select the seats you want to exchange out of and click RETURN.
Step 6: Click CART (at the top of the page).
Step 7: Look for your exchange credit noted in the cart upon clicking through. Continue through the checkout process to complete your exchange.
- Online exchange is not available for Create-Your-Own (CYO) patrons.
For assistance with exchanges by phone, please contact Audience Services from 10am to 6pm daily at 323.850.2025.
When calling, please have the tickets in front of you and be prepared with the following:
- Barcode number on each ticket you are exchanging
- The face value of each ticket
- Credit card number for any difference in price and/or for purchasing additional tickets (per-ticket fees apply)
- Only subscribers of record or their Guest Designate(s) may make a regular exchange or upgrade (subject to availability).
- There is a limit of two exchanges per call.
Mail your tickets with your ticket exchange form and, if necessary, your check (payable to the Los Angeles Philharmonic) or credit card information to:
Hollywood Bowl Box Office
Attn: Subscriber Exchange
P.O. Box 1951
Los Angeles, CA 90078
Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- The LA Phil is not responsible for delayed or undeliverable mail; the Box Office does not receive mail on weekends or holidays. Overnight services such as FedEx are not recommended.
- The new tickets from exchanges received less than one week prior to the new concert date will be held at Will Call.
- The tickets must be received no later than 24 hours before the concert out of which you are exchanging.
- Tickets received after the performance cannot be exchanged.
- Please allow at least 2 to 3 weeks for processing.
You will be assigned the best available seats upon receipt of the requested change.
Please remember that while we make every effort to place you into comparable seating for exchanges, this cannot be guaranteed.
Please note: Due to the high volume of mail exchanges, we are unable to contact subscribers to discuss seating options.
Tickets may be exchanged at the Box Office with valid ID during normal Box Office hours.
In-person exchanges are free, up till 24 hours before the concert you are exchanging out of. If the new seats cost more, you pay the difference when exchanging.
Cash, checks (at least 10 business days prior to concert), and major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover) are accepted.
All ticket sales are final. No refunds can be made on ticket purchases.
Tickets may be donated. A donation receipt will be provided for tax purposes.
Box Office Hours:
Beginning May 16, 2017: 12pm to 6pm (Tues - Sun)
- For future transactions, window closes 30 minutes prior to concert start time.
- The Box Office remains open through intermission for all concerts through August 9, 2017.
- Beginning August 10, the Box Office will close 30 minutes after concert start time.
- After November 1, 2017, the Box Office is closed except for the day of concerts or the day a new concert goes on sale.
- Tickets exchanged online or by phone will only be mailed to the address on the subscription account. Or they can be held at Will Call under the name of the subscriber or Guest Designate only.
Emergency Exchange Guidelines
Emergency exchanges can be made at the Box Office, or by fax up to 5pm before the performance you wish to exchange into or out of.
The emergency exchange fee is $10 per ticket for subscribers, and $25 per ticket for "5 or More" package holders.
Fax exchanges may not be requested earlier than one week before the performance you wish to exchange into or out of. Emergency exchanges are not available online or by phone.
For emergency exchanges at the Box Office, please bring your tickets to the Box Office during regular Box Office hours. (Hours are listed above, under "In Person.")
For emergency exchanges by fax, please follow these steps:
- Cut the tickets in half, being careful not to destroy the barcodes.
- Fax a copy of the cut-in-half tickets (with readable barcodes and the subscriber exchange form) to 323.850.2155.