You are here
Going Green Since Day One
The site of Hollywood Bowl, nestled in the Hollywood Hills, was chosen in no small part for its natural beauty - so it's fitting that we have a commitment to preserving that beauty and conserving the natural setting it sits in. That commitment goes all the way back to 1924, when the Hollywood Bowl Association deeded the property to the County of Los Angeles, and continues today. The Hollywood Bowl was the first amphitheater in California to be certified as an Audubon Society Cooperative Sanctuary, based largely on its environmental management plan and "green" practices.
The Hollywood Bowl is one of the world's great natural amphitheaters. Here's what we're doing to make sure it stays that way.
- Making it easier to leave the car at home and get here via public transportation.
- Encouraging our staff to do things the green way.
- Using green practices when caring for the grounds.
- Upgrading our facilities with the latest in green technology.
- Aggressively conserving water, soil and other natural resources.
- Fostering a friendly habitat for native flora and fauna.
- Educating and encouraging all who love the Bowl to leave it better than they found it.