Marketing Department Intern
April 5, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Marketing Department Intern
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Marketing Intern will assist in many aspects of promotion and advertising for concerts presented by the LA Phil. They will assist in special projects including outreach, research for classical music promotional opportunities, and additional tasks as assigned.
- Assist with the maintenance of grassroots outreach database, including students, foodies, classical music aficionados, etc.
- Answer phone in a professional manner and promptly respond to inquiries.
- Intern will not be required to work special events, but may be required to help set up for wine-tastings and other promotional event.
- Secure grassroots promotions & ticket giveaway opportunities
- Assist with social media
- Assist with basic image editing
- Assist with trafficking of advertising materials
- Assist department staff with additional tasks as needed
- Must be highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented
- Must be reliable and dependable, as well as focused and self-motivated
- Must be able to juggle large quantities of information and meet deadlines
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Should be a team player with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be computer literate and social media savvy (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop would be a bonus!)
- Should have an ambition to learn about concert marketing
- Passion about music and the arts a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion
This internship is sponsored by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. 132 undergraduate interns will participate in the program this year at 119 performing, presenting, and literary nonprofit arts organizations and municipal arts agencies throughout LA County. In addition to their full-time 10 week paid internship, interns will participate in educational events as part of the program, which is funded by the Getty Foundation. The educational events are designed to provide interns with a broader perspective of the vibrant arts and cultural landscape of the County. For additional information on the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the Arts Internship Program, and for a complete list of all the internships offered this summer, visit the Arts Commission website at www.lacountyarts.org.
How to apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the subject line: Marketing Department Intern Application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the Los Angeles Philharmonic Auditions page
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.