April 26, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Museum Receptionist (Part-Time)
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Welcome visitors and professionally represent the organization at the reception desk of the Hollywood Bowl Museum. Assist with day-to-day functions of the exhibit space with focus on patron visitation during the summer concert season.
- Answer main telephone lines.
- Encourage guest interaction with the exhibition materials and Bowl ephemera.
- Maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the museum and its exhibits.
- Be knowledgeable about current exhibits and Hollywood Bowl history.
- Process small cash transactions and keep an accurate record of cash on-hand.
- Keep track of museum visitor ship numbers.
- Maintain and stock lobby gift shop and brochures as needed.
- Maintain museum staff comp ticket pick-up before concerts.
- Communicate with Operations and Museum Manager about all building issues.
- Work with Museum Manger to maintain quality and safety of museum.
- Work with Affiliates to represent the museum and organization.
- Minimum 2 years administrative support experience in fast-paced environments.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Including by phone and in person.
- Demonstrable ability to represent the Association in a professional manner both on the phone and in person.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, and initiative.
- Solid computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Adobe).
- Classical music and/or museum background a plus.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the Los Angeles Philharmonic Auditions page
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.