May 15, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Rehearsal Staff (Part-Time)
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
This is an outdoor, daytime position for rehearsals and set-ups. Staff provides assistance and support for the crew and performers by keeping the public in specified areas, and also takes care of any other assignments, as needed. Part time hours determined by concert schedule and subject to change.
- Secure ropes, umbrellas, signs, and set barricades to indicate boundaries each day - return them at end of day
- Be aware of patrons and be ready to direct them to correct areas
- Interact with patrons, tourists and tour guides to direct and answer questions as needed
- Know what is going on, on stage and in the house. (Who are they and why they are in the house)
- Keep ADA areas open and ready for those that may need assistance (wheel chair accessible areas)
- Remain alert and vigilant at all times
- Be aware of surroundings and maintain presence in assigned work area
- Know what is going on at the Hollywood Bowl. (Know what show is that night and who will be playing.)
- General information about the Hollywood Bowl. (Have a general idea of where specific seats are and what goes on during show time.)
- Know all the general Hollywood Bowl rules. (No smoking in the theater, no pets, etc.)
- Responsible and dedicated
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and with the public
- Excellent communication skills, confident in communicating expectations with visitors to the Bowl
- Attention to details
- Able to take direction
- Ability to handle changes as they develop throughout the day
- Dress for Success: Working outdoors during the daytime, you will want to be comfortable, but dressed as a representative of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association and the Hollywood Bowl
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the Los Angeles Philharmonic Auditions page
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.