Theater Attendant (Usher)
September 6, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Theater Attendant (Usher) at the Hollywood Bowl
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Welcome, seat and assist patrons.
- Seat patrons
- Answer questions
- Check tickets
- Control area
- Take tickets
- Monitor speed ramps
- Clear aisles before show
- Collect cushions
- Assist with buses
- General duties as assigned
- Operate 2-way radios
- Keep accurate time records and abide by the meal and rest period policy
- Assist other departments when necessary and as directed by a supervisor, including: helping recover cushions at the end of shows; helping with trash; and assisting on the bus island.
- Respond to a wide range of customer service issues with sensitivity and care.
- Existing knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the following:
- Layout of theater and grounds
- Event times and program information
- Ticket information
- Use 2-way radios
- Ability to:
- Work outside
- Bend, stand and walk (including hilly terrain and stairs) for up to duration of entire work shift
- Lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Sit for up to a couple of hours at a time during work shift
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.