November 13, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Archives Cataloger, reporting to the Digital Archives Manager, performs duties that require working knowledge of archival management principles to organize, describe and promote access to historical materials.
- Process and catalog physical records and their digital equivalents
- Gather and enter metadata, perform quality control, ingest, and catalog digital assets that are available in an enterprise-wide Digital Asset Management system
- Conduct performance history research and additional performance history data entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Background in music and solid understanding of orchestral repertoire
- At least one year of relevant cataloging or processing experience in archives
- Understanding of nationally accepted standards, tools and best practices for archival digitization and preservation of a variety of physical formats, such as applying and assessing metadata in a digital asset management system or performing quality control on digitized assets.
- Highly proficient with databases and MS Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple projects and activities with a high degree of initiative and independence; communicate progress via collaborative tools like Slack, Google Sheets, or SharePoint.
- Advanced research proficiency with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Audiovisual digitization and/or command line experience preferred
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the Los Angeles Philharmonic Auditions page
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.