October 20, 2020
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is looking for a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Controller, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, oversees and manages the LA Phil’s accounting practices, financial controls, financial reporting, audit(s), and tax filings.
- Oversees Accounting for the Association, including being responsible for:
- the design and review of financial controls
- the preparation of financial statements
- the Association’s annual audited financial statements and federal, state, and local tax returns
- the review and approval of all journal entries and disbursements
- accounting department policies and procedures
- supervising payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, endowment accounting, and other accounting functions.
- Oversees payroll department functions including payroll input, employees’ gross and net pay, payroll department policies and procedures and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Responsible for implementing best practices in financial accounting and interpreting the pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Works closely with Philanthropy on the proper classification of and accounting for gifts and pledges and the interpreting and releasing of restrictions.
- Works closely with independent auditors on the preparation for the annual audit and approves all workpapers.
- Sits as a staff representative on the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Sits as a staff representative on the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Performs duties as secretary for meetings with Finance & Investment Committee, Audit Committee and Pension Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPA required.
- BA preferred with financial and accounting background
- Minimum of 5 years finance and accounting experience with increasing levels of management responsibilities and strong knowledge of non-profit sector accounting.
- Expert knowledge of accounting and proficient with general ledger software, Microsoft Office and general ledger report writing software.
- Must be well organized and deadline and detailed oriented while having the ability to “see the big picture.”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be committed to building a cohesive team of accounting professionals. Ability to foster teamwork, employee morale, motivation, and open communication with a consistent, approachable demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong, trusting relationships with management, staff and direct reports to help grow their effectiveness.
- Secondary language fluency preferred.
- Commitment to engage in and promote an environment supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
| | | |