Development Operations, Gift and Data Specialist
October 8, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Development Operations, Gift and Data Specialist
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Development Operations, Gift and Data Specialist, reporting to the Director, Development Operations, will accurately and efficiently performs daily donation entry and constituent data management tasks in a relational database, currently Tessitura. The Specialist also produces gift acknowledgements, lists and reports to support a high-volume fundraising and membership organization.
- Primary responsibility for accurate data entry of donations from various sources utilizing industry standard best practices and coordinating closely with Finance Dept. staff.
- Primary responsibility for communicating with Development Dept. staff regarding coding, crediting and adjusting gifts.
- Coordinate current credit card transaction service provider to resolve disputes.
- Liaise with Audience Services staff to coordinate adjustments to gifts associated with a ticketed transaction.
- Maintain membership records according to Development Dept. business rules and donor intentions.
- Significant responsibility for accurate data entry of biographical changes and overall constituent record maintenance.
- Primary responsibility for Tessitura Customer Service Issue resolution regarding contribution inquiries or adjustments.
- Assist with maintaining gift receipt and acknowledgement templates and assist with producing these documents, insuring that gifts are thanked and substantiated in a timely manner.
- Generate monthly reports for reconciliation with Finance Dept. Resolve any issues to the satisfaction of both Development and Finance.
- Assist with monthly production of scheduled pledge reminders.
- Assist Development and Finance staff as needed to produce routine lists and reports and occasional custom or ad-hoc list support or back-up.
- Assist with production of quarterly donor listings for Performances Magazine or other public recognition occasions.
- Identify opportunities for database functionality and process improvement. Coordinate with Finance and IT staff to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Help to document and maintain Development Operations policy and procedure manual.
- Incorporate department best practices related to database integrity and current philanthropic issues that ensure the department is compliant with fundraising standards.
- Support other departmental processes such as incoming mail delivery, daily gift reports, special event data entry and other tasks.
- Maintain appropriate files of contribution records, including document scanning.
- Serve as a Tessitura resource for Development staff.
- Special database-related projects and other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a non-profit in a fundraising department and specifically in an advancement services/development operations capacity in a high-volume environment.
- Must be accurate, extremely detail-oriented, organized, and efficient; excellent time management skills.
- Experience with Tessitura or another relational database.
- Expertise with MS Windows particularly Excel using merge functionality and pivot tables.
- Demonstrate knowledge of IRS rules and regulations relevant to gift documentation and substantiation.
- Familiarity with non-profit industry best practices relevant to gift processing and data management.
- Exercise sound judgment and analysis to resolve procedural and financial discrepancies.
- Ability to prioritize and independently manage assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity of constituent data.
- Participation in appropriate professional development and networking opportunities.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime in support of organizations fundraising and friend-raising events.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the LA Philharmonic Auditions page
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.