Development Operations Project Manager
December 12, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Development Operations Specialist
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Development Operations Specialist, reporting to the Director, Development Operations, effectively oversees and implements projects as needed to support both Operations and Development as a whole. This includes the ongoing management of the fiscal budgeting process for Development, including expense tracking and preparation of all budget documentation in coordination with the Finance Department. In addition, maintaining the Department’s intranet presence and resources via SharePoint.
The Development Operations Specialist also performs a variety of regular operational support tasks, including daily constituent data entry and updates, data integrity projects, gift processing when needed, gift substantiation and acknowledgement processes, and general administrative tasks to support the Director and Development Operations staff.
- Departmental Budgeting Process
- Tracks revenue and expenses throughout the year with Finance
- Provide quarterly updates to all the Development budget managers
- Work with the Director of Operations to prepare all fiscal year budgeting documents required by Finance, including the Development Budge Book
- Work with Finance to modify and streamline the process as necessary
- SharePoint Management
- Work with Development content creators to manage all Development related content for the LA Phil Intranet
- Research new ways to improve departmental use of the intranet
- Explore and suggest new uses for Microsoft 365 tools
- Maintain and management appropriate offsite storage of Departmental hard files
- Perform daily data entry functions to create new constituent records and edit or update records as necessary
- Responsible for updating constituent records based on information received via returned mail, Tessitura CSI, USPS NCOA files, donor correspondence, internal email or other sources
- Perform constituent record data integrity reviews and subsequent updates utilizing industry standard best practices and LA Phil protocols
- Utilize online resources to confirm address and relationship information (Nexis, USPS, Guidestar, etc.)
- Assist with and support the gift receipt and acknowledgement processes insuring that gifts are thanked and substantiated in a timely manner
- As needed, research files for gift documentation to resolve discrepancies
- Produce scheduled pledge reminders
- Maintain appropriate files of donor records, prepare and distribute standard reports for department
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.