Reporting to the Associate Creative Director, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the design and production of Marketing and institutional materials. Their work should reflect the LA Phil’s spirit of innovation and communicate the brand to a variety of constituents. The Graphic Designer works closely with the creative team which includes the Senior Creative Director, Associate Creative Director, Senior Designer, Project Managers, Copywriters, and external vendors.
- Design of marketing material in support of organizational initiatives and LA Phil concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Hollywood Bowl, The Ford, and the Beckmen YOLA Center. Included in this work, but not limited to: brochures, postcards, advertisements, web and social media assets, invitations, banners, packaging, letterhead, point of purchase display, and PowerPoint presentations
- Creative emphasis on institutional initiatives to support the Philanthropy and Learning Departments
- Manage own design process from brief to production-ready art, including color correction, resizing of assets, layout, and press check.
- Maintain LA Phil brand throughout materials while integrating new creative ideas
- Provide creative support for Creative Services team members, freelance designers, and other departments as needed
- This role requires high level of self-motivation, attention to details and systems as well as problem solving
- Manage Photography and Image libraries for Creative Services and responsible for keeping our digital archive up to date
- A minimum of 3 years of integrated graphic design expertise, including direct mail, digital, and print. Knowledge of paper and inks required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- A portfolio that demonstrates a modern design aesthetic and excellent use of typography
- Flexible attitude and the ability to remain calm under pressure in fast-paced, rigorous environment
- An interest in professional growth and skill building
- Good organizational and time management skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Dedication and commitment to engage in and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the staff, vendors, and within interactions with the surrounding community is a must
- Secondary language fluency is a plus
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.