Human Resources Generalist
November 27, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Human Resources Generalist
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The HR Generalist, reporting to the HR Manager, provides Human Resources support for staff across multiple populations, with a focus on recruitment, benefit support, and compliance.
- Recruiting and Hiring:
- Work with the HR Manager to design a recruitment strategy for each open position, opening the online application in the ATS system, and leveraging external partnerships to drive diversity recruitment initiatives.
- Train and inform hiring managers in the LA Phil’s recruitment process and best business practices, following up as necessary on their recruitment progress
- Extend offer letters, run background checks, and conduct new hire meetings
- Process hiring paperwork for full time, administrative part time, and union employees (Stagehands, Sub Musicians, Actors Equity, Box Office, Audience Services) as necessary
- Assist with the offboarding process of all employee populations
- Benefit Support:
- Process benefit enrollment changes, send weekly file feds to carriers, work with carriers to resolve enrollment issues, and process monthly benefit bills
- Notify Payroll department of any applicable deductions or enrollment updates
- Track and process enrollments for overaged dependents on Association benefit plans
- Answer employee questions regarding benefits and help resolve issues with carriers
- Prepare and track the necessary reporting requirements of Healthcare reform, such as hours tracking, IRS reporting, and notifying Association managers as necessary.
- Maintain and audit employment data within the Kronos HRIS system, ensuring accuracy of employment data
- Maintain employment and benefit files within the electronic filing system
- Proactively assist with employee relations issues
- Maintain compliance posters throughout multiple venues, researching, and ordering poster updates as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Association policies regarding LiveScan process for the Learning department
- Research and stay up to date on federal, state, and local legislation related to employment law
- Back up the HR Coordinator at Hollywood Bowl as needed for summer hiring, with occasional show coverage
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 4 years of progressive HR experience required
- Fluency in Spanish, verbal and written is a plus but not required
- Experience with Kronos HRIS, ADP Payroll, and applicant tracking systems, with an emphasis on attention to detail to ensure employee records are accurate
- Excellent computer literacy and proficiency (MS Suite, HR systems, and Internet based research, etc.), with proven experience leveraging database tools (MS Access, VLOOKUP, and Pivot Tables)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and external partners
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to track projects in a timely manager to set and change priorities in response to a dynamic office environment.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion
- Ability to occasionally work weeknights, weekends, and holidays, as assigned with advanced notice
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the Los Angeles Philharmonic Auditions page
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.