Learning Department Intern - YOLA Local
July 20, 2020
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Learning Department Intern - YOLA Local
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Learning Intern will support the work in the collaborative learning and social innovation areas within the LA Phil’s Learning Department. They will support the work of the Learning Department Managers and the day to day operation of Learning programs, with emphasis on administrative duties related to local Youth Orchestra LA (YOLA) sites. At the end of the internship, the intern will possess familiarity with activities of a Learning department in a major orchestra, the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment in the performing arts and the ability to prioritize and react to a rapidly changing environment.
- Assist in the support of the Learning Department Managers and the day to day operation of Learning programs, with emphasis on administrative duties related to local Youth Orchestra LA (YOLA) sites
- If meetings are being conducted in person, this role will spend time at each of the LA Phil’s YOLA sites.
- Assist in the planning and implementation efforts related to the Judith and Thomas L. Beckmen YOLA Center opening in Inglewood this year
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented
- Must be reliable and dependable, as well as focused and self-motivated
- Knowledge of orchestral music and music reading skills
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Works well in a high-pressure, fast-paced corporate environment
- Able to work cooperatively in a shared work space
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Spanish language proficiency preferred, not required
- Should be a team player with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be computer literate (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook.)
- Should have an ambition to learn about music education
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion
This internship is sponsored by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. 132 undergraduate interns will participate in the program this year at 119 performing, presenting, and literary nonprofit arts organizations and municipal arts agencies throughout LA County. In addition to their full-time 10 week paid internship, interns will participate in educational events as part of the program, which is funded by the Getty Foundation. The educational events are designed to provide interns with a broader perspective of the vibrant arts and cultural landscape of the County. For additional information on the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the Arts Internship Program, and for a complete list of all the internships offered this summer, visit the Arts Commission website at www.lacountyarts.org.
How to apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the subject line: Learning Department Intern – YOLA Local Application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
| | | |