December 18, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Payroll Administrator, reporting to the Payroll Manager, will assist with the processing of weekly payroll and benefits transactions in an accurate and timely fashion through ADP Workforce Now and Kronos HRIS, while ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations. The Payroll Administrator will manage multiple timekeeping and payroll projects at a time; including but not limited to, audits, union contract analysis, system implementation, and process documentation.
This position will require working flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, at various locations to meet seasonal department needs.
- Work with Payroll team to validate timecard entries in Kronos, resolving daily transaction errors, process weekly payroll with ADP Workforce Now, and balance weekly payroll records between Kronos and ADP.
- Prepare and process weekly Union payrolls.
- Prepare weekly and monthly check requests to Unions and retirement plans as required
- Maintain and track vacation accruals for WDCH stagehands
- Facilitate all internal and external audits related to payroll records and processes, managing documentation preparation and analysis
- Research employee information for issuing replacement checks, work with accounting on escheatment process for Stale-dated Checks
- As it pertains to collective bargaining agreements: implement effective timekeeping rules in Kronos and assign pay codes in ADP, with a goal of generating timely and accurate payroll calculations, union and compliance reporting
- Complete and maintain department operating manuals
- Assist Financial Planning in the reconciliation of wage and benefits data for preparation of Form 990 and other external reports as necessary
- Act as the backup for the preparation of payroll for union and non-union populations as needed
- Available to work some evenings and weekends, as business needs necessitate for rotating weekday and weekend shifts during the summer season
- Other duties as assigned
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Experience processing union payroll
- Strong project management skills
- Experience documenting processes and internal controls
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal required
- Working knowledge of California Labor Codes
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and City payroll compliance
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or comparable experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now, as well as Kronos or similar HRIS and timekeeping tools preferred
- Experience with Great Plains or similar accounting systems a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and to work on several projects simultaneously.
- High level attention to detail
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.