Production Assistant (Part Time)
February 25, 2020
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Production Assistant (Part Time)
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Production Assistant assists in all facets of production for concerts at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Hollywood Bowl, The Ford and other events/venues as assigned, and provides a broad range of support to the Production department.
Up to 4 positions available. Coverage of special project concerts to be split between the production assistants, exact assignments to be determined.
- Provide production assistance as required for concerts, including tickets and parking passes; catering needs/setup for staff and crew, creative problem solving, customer service, runner responsibilities, and assistance in other production issues
- Provide administrative support, general and research assistance: maintain office files; arrange courier services; assist with contract administration; draft production schedules; assist in upkeep of Production storage and supplies, etc
- Assist office with ticketing and parking requests from vendors and outside parties
- Obtain and disseminate information to general staff as required, including (but not limited to): production schedules; rehearsal schedules; and general information as requested by Association staff
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Must be available to work shifts scheduled on a project basis.
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm, plus evenings and weekends as needed for rehearsals/concerts/shows
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent follow-through, and customer service oriented
- Previous concert production background and experience required
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet and general computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines, organize, and priorities duties efficiently, and focus on many tasks simultaneously and in detail
- Resourceful and forward-thinking problem solver
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion when working with artists, agents, managers, and crew in sensitive situations
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds and drive for extended periods
- Second language fluency a plus
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.