Project Coordinator, Creative Services
November 18, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Project Coordinator, Creative Services
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Project Coordinator, Creative Services, reporting to the Senior Manager, will work in a fast-paced environment to assist with project intake and management for the in-house creative team. The Creative Services team is a servicing department of the LA Phil, producing all creative and design-oriented projects for various departments and across venues. The Project Coordinator will assist the Project Managers in the Creative Services department with intake, assignment, management, and delivery of creative projects. Project types inclusive of both print and digital for all departments of the organization.
The Project Coordinator position will be based in downtown LA and work five days per week approximately 29 hours per week.
- Field requests for creative work, identifying deliverables, assessing requirements, and clarifying details for with project owners before creative work begins. This involves reviewing project forms submitted to the Creative Services team by other departments containing project details, specs, and timing; assessing the project request form and bringing clarity to creative requests to ensure that projects have clear direction prior to initiation; and transferring that information to the team’s project tracker for design assignment.
- Under the guidance of the Creative Services Senior Manager, assemble accurate production timelines and communicate these timelines to the designer(s) assigned to projects.
- Verify accuracy of deliverables created by graphic designers, ensuring that the assets are complete, correct, and meet the requirements established at project initiation.
- Route materials to internal teams for review, receive feedback, ensure that the feedback is implemented on output from designers, and deliver assets to project owners via Slack, Dropbox, email, or shared server.
- Archive files on Digital Asset Management system, including metadata tagging.
- Photo sorting and organization
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience demonstrating successful coordination of many concurrent projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a large project volume and varying project types daily
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) as it relates to managing projects
- Skilled at communicating effectively and work directly with design team, editorial team, and project managers as needed to complete tasks
- Excellent at prioritizing concurrent projects
- Self-motivated, proactive, extremely organized, and a team player who works collaboratively and constructively on each project
- Ability to think critically about information or copy provided and seek guidance on direction if things don’t add up
- Experience utilizing shared spreadsheets (Smartsheet, Google Sheets) in a collaborative way is required
- Must be proficient on a PC workstation
- Experience with digital asset management system preferred
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the Los Angeles Philharmonic Auditions page
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.