Senior Manager, Promotions and Partnerships
March 1, 2021
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Senior Manager, Promotions and Partnerships
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Senior Manager, Promotions and Partnership, reporting to the Director, Marketing, is responsible for the development and execution of all LA Phil promotional efforts to generate awareness and drive sales for the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Hollywood Bowl, The Ford seasons and all LAPA media content initiatives.
- Develop and execute strategic partnerships and promotions with new and existing media sponsors, community partners, corporate and retail partners, securing their support and implementing actionable engagement opportunities.
- Build and foster relationships with promotional vendors, providing strategic direction for promotional activities, negotiating and managing logistics, priorities, and deliverables, providing oversight from ideation to successful implementation and final project reporting.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to execute special projects related to content, social media promotions, and engagement partnerships, including but not limited to the development and production of promotional materials, cross functional marketing plan to leverage advertising opportunities, etc.
- Develop and oversee the grassroots promotional and partnership efforts: including but not limited to the development and execution of comprehensive plans to increase engagement for individual concerts, series, festivals, media projects and venue seasons.
- Partner with Legal to negotiate promotional agreements with partners and external stakeholders, managing details from drafting scopes and objectives through fulfillment.
- Serve as brand ambassador for the LA Phil, representing the organization at strategic and diverse community events
- Lead and execute promotional events across all venues
- Regularly report on the impact of all promotions and identify opportunities to further develop future promotional opportunities, partnerships and grass root efforts.
- Partner with Group Sales to leverage outreach and group sale opportunities
- Stay up to date with promotional and partnership trends, innovations, new and strategic opportunities, and changes that may inspire future activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of seven years of relevant promotional experience in the Los Angeles area
- Proven track record of executing successful promotional events
- Strong knowledge of marketing,
- Previous experience in marketing, audience development, and hospitality event planning, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience leveraging social media platforms to promote events and engage with diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Secondary language fluence in Spanish preferred
- Dedication and commitment to engage in and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the staff, vendors, and within interactions with the surrounding community is a must
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.