Financial Planning Analyst
Full-time Administrative Staff
January 25, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Financial Planning Analyst
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
To assist in the development of appropriately predictive departmental budgets, forecasts and 5 Year Plan updates, to provide accurate and timely financial information required by grants/donors and to facilitate administrative support of TM1 and Great Plain software systems.
- Coordinate consolidation of annual departmental budgets, quarterly reforecast, 5-year plans and capital expenditures.
- Assist the Financial Planning Manager (Manager) in preparing financial and managerial reports using TM1 software.
- Assist the Manager in the preparation of require federal and state returns including 990/199, CT-2, Census, Sales & Use Tax, Environmental Fee, Claim for Property Tax Exemption, and the Statement of Domestic Non-Profit Organizations.
- Work with department managers in the preparation of project budgets and forecasts.
- Working with the Development Department, compile financial data for Governmental and Private Grants as necessary.
- Prepare annual statistical reports, i.e. BMI and ASCAP licensing fees, OSR and California Cultural Data.
- Provide administration support of TM1 and Great Plains software systems.
- Prepare management reports for the Association’s retail operations as needed.
- Assist in month-end variance reporting between actual and budgeted/forecasted revenues and expense.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance or equivalent experience.
- 2 - 3 years minimum experience with majority of time in Budgeting/forecasting environment.
- 1 year minimum experience developing financial and managerial reports using an OLAP database such as Planning Analytics, MSAS, Essbase, Oracle Express, and related tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including Macros/VBA), Word, and PowerPoint is essential.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Preferred experience in database development (SQL, MDX, ETL Processes)
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local law. The Association also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.