Season Ticket Holder FAQs
Subscribers can exchange tickets with no fee. "Create Your Own" package holders can exchange tickets for $15 per ticket.
Tickets may be exchanged between series, subject to availability. Prices vary by concert, so any additional charge would need to be paid at the time of the exchange.
Subscribers may exchange their series tickets online once subscription tickets have been mailed out.
Tickets must be received by the Box Office or exchanged by phone or online no later than 24 hours before the concert you are exchanging into or out of, whichever occurs first.
Past-dated, donated and transferred tickets are not exchangeable or refundable.
Patrons are charged the full price for the performance into which they are exchanging.
Festival concerts and special events are not exchangeable (into or out of).
In addition to series tickets, subscriber add-on concerts (except festival concerts and special events) are exchangeable.
Additional tickets purchased with an exchange by phone, fax, mail, or email will be subject to a per-ticket fee as of Box Office Opening Day.
- Exchange tickets in your seating area may not be available.
- Patrons exchanging into a higher-priced seat will be charged the difference.
- When an exchange is made for a lower-priced ticket, a credit will be added to the exchanger's account, usable during the current season to purchase additional tickets or parking passes. Credits are not transferable and must be used by the end of the current season.
- There are no refunds for any ticket exchange.
- Any exchange request must be accompanied by tickets with a valid barcode.
- Only subscribers of record or their guest designate may make a regular exchange without a fee (subject to availability).
Four Exchange Methods
- Click Log in (at top of this page).
- Add desired new seats to your cart.
- Return to your account by clicking your name at the top and selecting MY ACCOUNT from the drop down menu.
- Click VIEW TICKETS next to the concert you want to exchange out of in the "My Upcoming Events" section (in the center).
- Click RETURN TICKETS. In the dialogue box, select the seats you want to exchange out of and click RETURN.
- Click CART (at the top of the page).
- Look for your exchange credit noted in the cart upon clicking through. Continue through the checkout process to complete your exchange.
Please note: Online exchange is not available for Create-Your-Own (CYO) patrons.
For assistance with exchanges by phone, please contact Audience Services from 10am to 6pm daily at 323.850.2025.
When calling, please have the tickets in front of you and be prepared with the following:
- Barcode number on each ticket you are exchanging
- The face value of each ticket
- Credit card number for any difference in price and/or for purchasing additional tickets (per-ticket fees apply)
- Only subscribers of record or their Guest Designate(s) may make a regular exchange or upgrade (subject to availability).
- There is a limit of two exchanges per call.
Tickets may be exchanged at the Box Office with valid ID during normal Box Office hours. Please use this printable ticket exchange form.
In-person exchanges are free, up till 24 hours before the concert you are exchanging out of. If the new seats cost more, you pay the difference when exchanging.
Cash, checks (at least 10 business days prior to concert), and major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover) are accepted.
All ticket sales are final. No refunds can be made on ticket purchases.
Mail your tickets with your printable ticket exchange form and, if necessary, your check (payable to the Los Angeles Philharmonic) or credit card information:
Hollywood Bowl Box Office
Attn: Subscriber Exchange
P.O. Box 1951
Los Angeles, CA 90078
Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- The LA Phil is not responsible for delayed or undeliverable mail; the Box Office does not receive mail on weekends or holidays. Overnight services such as FedEx are not recommended.
- The new tickets from exchanges received less than one week prior to the new concert date will be held at Will Call.
- The tickets must be received no later than 24 hours before the concert out of which you are exchanging.
- Tickets received after the performance cannot be exchanged.
- Please allow at least 2 to 3 weeks for processing.
You will be assigned the best available seats upon receipt of the requested change.
Please remember that while we make every effort to place you into comparable seating for exchanges, this cannot be guaranteed.
Please note: Due to the high volume of mail exchanges, we are unable to contact subscribers to discuss seating options.
When you cannot use your tickets, please consider giving them to a friend or donating them back to the Box Office so another music lover can attend. Here are the steps for donating online:
- Log in to your Hollywood Bowl Account
- Click the "View Tickets" button next to the concert for which you have tickets you wish to donate
- On the page this takes you to, click the "Donate Tickets" button underneath the given concert date
- Choose the Tickets you wish to donate from the Popup Box which comes to screen.
- Click the "Donate" button from within the Popup Box.
Note: Once donated, your tickets become invalid and cannot be used. Donations are accepted for Los Angeles Philharmonic events only (LA Master Chorale, Music Center and lease events are excluded.) A receipt for tax purposes will be issued if the seats are resold.
Click here to learn more about donating your tickets - also available by telephone, in-person and by mail.
You might also be interested in Ticket Exchange (see below).Permalink
Need to get a ticket to a friend? You can now send tickets via text message or email. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the My Account Page by logging in to your account
- Under My Upcoming Events, click VIEW TICKETS next to the event that you wish to forward
- On the event page this takes you to, click the SEND button in order to bring up additional options
- Click SEND VIA TEXT or EMAIL MY TICKETS
- Click the checkbox next to the desired seats
- Input the desired phone number or email address
- Click SEND
Please note: This process will invalidate any previous tickets that may have been sent (mail or electronic). Please use the most recently sent tickets.Permalink