- SCHUMANN: Theme with Variations in E-flat major, WoO 24, “Ghost Variations”
- BRAHMS: Three Intermezzos, Op. 117
- MOZART: Rondo in A minor, K. 511
- BRAHMS: Six Pieces for Piano, Op. 118
- BACH: Prelude and Fugue No. 24 in B minor (from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I)
- BRAHMS: Four Pieces for Piano, Op. 119
- BEETHOVEN: Piano Sonata No. 26 in E-flat major, Op. 81a, “Les Adieux”
- Sir András Schiff piano
About This Performance
Sir András Schiff has thrilled us with his Beethoven and Bach cycles, among much else – including conducting! Here, he offers a deep dive into the heart of his repertory – masterworks from the core German/Austrian tradition. This is profound music, linked by Brahms’ three sets of autumnal reflections, short but amazingly concentrated distillations of that rich tradition.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.