LA Fest: LA’s Newest Music
Gustavo Dudamel leads a night centered around Southern California’s leading lights.
- The Lost Ones*
- Laughing to Forget* (with generous support from the Virginia B. Toulmin Foundation)
- Daniel ALLAS: to be tender* (with generous support from Nancy S. and Barry Sanders)
- Tina TALLON: …for we who keep our lives in our throats…* (with generous support from the Hillenburg Family)
- The Sleeper and the Drinker* (with generous support from the Deborah Borda Women in the Arts Initiative)
- Gustavo Dudamel conductor
- Paolo Bortolameolli conductor
- Nuno Coelho conductor
- Boris Allakhverdyan clarinet
- Denis Bouriakov flute
- Nathan Cole violin
- Andrew Norman curator
About This Performance
Dudamel takes the podium on the first night of our new-music series to showcase our own virtuosos and leading lights of Southern California’s living music scene, including a new Garden installation by composer and sound artist Ellen Reid.
(*World premiere, LA Phil commission)
Fluxus Festival Activation
What: Chris ROUNTREE Fluxus Commitment Booth (LA Phil Commission)
Where: WDCH Lobby
Chris Rountree’s Commitment Booth will be viewable in the WDCH Lobby during your visit.
Learn more about Fluxus Festival. In collaboration with the Getty Research Institute
Keck Amphitheatre Installation
What: Ellen REID Oscillations: One Hundred Years and Forever (LA Phil commission, world premiere)
Where: Keck Amphitheatre
Visit an immersive sound and art installation in Keck Amphitheatre before this evening’s concert. Live performances can be heard starting at 7pm, or during the intermission.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.