Salonen’s Stravinsky: Myths
Two remarkable myth ballets showcase Stravinsky’s stunning creativity.
- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Esa-Pekka Salonen conductor
- Peter Sellars director
- Paul Groves tenor
- Cécilia Tsan narrator
- Sam Sathya dancer (Perséphone)
- Chumvan Sodhachivy dancer (Déméter)
- Nam Narim dancer (Mercure, Démophoon, Triptolème)
- Khon Chan Sithyka dancer (Pluton)
- James F. Ingalls lighting designer
- Helene Siebrits costume designer
- Los Angeles Master Chorale
- Grant Gershon Artistic Director
- Los Angeles Children’s Chorus
- Fernando Malvar-Ruiz Artistic Director
About This Performance
Salonen leads two remarkable myth ballets by Stravinsky: Orpheus, the quintessential music myth, and the sensual, sumptuous French setting of Perséphone, goddess of the Underworld. The latter features the surpassing insights and brilliant staging of Peter Sellars.
Enhance Your Experience
Upbeat Live, speaker to be announced – 7pm
Before the concert, some of the sharpest musical minds around – including members of the LA Phil – guide you through the evening’s music, complete with a Q&A session for any lingering questions. This free event is held in BP Hall, accessible after your ticket is scanned.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.