Seasonal Production Assistant
March 8, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Seasonal Production Assistant
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Seasonal Production Assistant aides in all facets of production for concerts at the Hollywood Bowl from approximately May 14th through September 30th and provides a broad range of support to the Presentations department.
Coverage of all Presentations concerts to be split between the production assistants, exact assignments to be determined. This is a non-regular full-time position, from approximately May 14th through September 30th, with possibility to assist during first two weeks of October. Up to 3 positions available.
- Provide production assistance as required for concerts and presentations, including tickets and parking passes; extensive hospitality and catering/dressing room needs/setup for artists per the contract riders; complex artist ground transportation schedule, creative problem solving, customer service, and assistance in other artist liaison issues; hotel arrangements; and some “runner” responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support, general and research assistance: screen calls as needed; maintain office files; draft correspondence; arrange courier services; assist with contract administration; collect info from artist reps and agents; draft production schedules; etc.
- Assist office with ticketing and parking requests from artists, agents, managers, vendors and outside parties needing special handling.
- Attend Hollywood Bowl Orchestra services and concerts as needed, and distribute parking passes and tickets to Orchestra members at rehearsals, as well as other rehearsal/concert duties as assigned.
- Assist with and coordinate check-out of music to Hollywood Bowl Orchestra musicians. For each concert series, take music from office to first Orchestra rehearsal as needed.
- Provide scheduling assistance – scheduling meetings, organizing conference rooms.
- Obtain and disseminate information to general staff as required, including (but not limited to): biographical information for artists; production schedules; rehearsal schedules; and general information as requested by Association staff.
- Keep an up-to-date ledger of department expenses and invoices in coordination with Director, Presentations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be available to work full-time from approximately May 14th through September 30th. Hours: Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 6:00pm, plus evenings and weekends as needed for rehearsals/concerts/shows.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent follow-through
- Previous Concert production background and experience required
- Tour Manager experience desired
- B.A. (or equivalent background and experience) desired
- Minimum one (1) year administrative experience
- Exceptional, professional and clear writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet and general computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines, organize and prioritize duties efficiently, and focus on many tasks simultaneously and in detail
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial issues
- Prefer a general knowledge and interest in a variety of musical artists, genres and repertoire
- Knowledge of and interest in concert production
- Ability and desire to work long hours as required; flexible schedule
- Must own a reliable car and have clean driving record
- Must be able to purchase and handle alcohol
- Ability to work with artists, agents and managers in sensitive situations
- Resourceful and forward-thinking problem solver. Customer service oriented in all industry and interoffice interaction.
- Resilient, indefatigable, positive attitude
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page .
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.