March 8, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Sales Associate (Part-Time) at the Hollywood Bowl
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Provide excellent customer service in a busy, fast paced retail environment and assist with the day-to-day operations of the Hollywood Bowl Stores.
- Customer Service – Ability to deliver a professional, knowledgeable and friendly retail experience and display grace under pressure during busy sales periods
- Store operations – Follow open/close procedures, point of sale operations and customer service guidelines.
- Visual Merchandising – Restock shelves, straighten merchandise, ensure displays are clean, keep back stock organized and in its proper location, update visual displays.
- Inventory Control – Check in and label merchandise, ensure items are priced correctly. Complete paperwork, notify managers of shipment discrepancies, transfer merchandise to proper location.
- Information - Be knowledgeable about all Los Angeles Philharmonic and Hollywood Bowl performances, education programs, activities and leased events.
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Previous retail sales experience in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent communication skills with ability to enjoy working in a busy atmosphere.
- Flexible schedule required for evening and weekend shifts
- Strong people skills, ability to display grace under pressure, flexibility and work independently
- Interest in music is a plus
- Ability to bend, stand and walk (including stairs and hilly terrain) for up to the entire shift and the ability to work outside
- Ability to lift and carry up to <st1:metricconverter productid="35 lbs" w:st="on">35 lbs.</st1:metricconverter>
- High School diploma or equivalent is required with some college preferred and two years of retail experience.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page .
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.