Seasonal Marketing Assistant
March 5, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Seasonal Marketing Assistant
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Marketing Seasonal Assistant will support direct marketing and promotions of concerts presented by the LA Phil. They will assist in special projects including direct marketing copy and asset preparation, routings, marketing plan updates, and trafficking materials for approvals; plus partnership outreach, research regarding classical music promotional opportunities, and many other tasks that arise throughout the summer and winter season.
- Assisting the Promotions Coordinator with managing/distributing box inventory for partners, directors, and C-suite.
- Receiving and processing EITR requests for partners, directors for the department
- Reviewing all promotional material to ensure sponsorship recognition.
- Filing and maintaining sponsorship and fulfillment documents.
- Assisting with the maintenance of grassroots outreach database, including students, classical music aficionados, etc.
- Answering phone and making outgoing calls in a professional manner and promptly responding to inquiries
- Liaising with Media Partners and promotional partners to deliver assets
- Assisting with special events at the Hollywood Bowl and occasionally at community activations in the summer.
- Support with will call delivery for select concerts.
- Assisting with basic image editing
- Assisting with trafficking artwork
- Managing deliveries of promotional material to street team or other partners
- Assisting department staff with additional tasks as needed
- Gathering copy and image assets for initial preparation of Direct Mail materials and marketing emails
- Reviewing assets with supervising team, ensuring all feedback is addressed
- Routing approved assets for department approvals
- Updating Marketing Plan on a daily basis to reflect frequent scheduling changes
- Processing invoices
- Direct mail and email list creation
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented
- Must be reliable and dependable, as well as focused and self-motivated
- Must be able to juggle large quantities of information and meet deadlines
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Should be a team player with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be computer literate (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook. Photoshop would be a bonus!)
- Familiarity with fundamentals of marketing is a bonus
- Should have an ambition to learn about concert marketing
- Passion about music and the arts a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page .
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.