Traffic Flag Attendant
February 1, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Traffic Flag Attendant at the Hollywood Bowl
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Help minimize vehicle traffic and parking in the neighboring streets associated with a Hollywood Bowl event as well as assist in the control and direction of vehicle access to Bowl parking lots.
- Assume post 2 hours prior to show start, in uniform, including reflective vest and flashlight
- Confirm there is proper signage and barricade at your post and if not report to your supervisor immediately
- Upon contact with public in vehicles, check for current Resident Access Pass or inquire as to the driver’s destination
- Report any difficult situations to your supervisor and if possible take note of vehicle description or license plate
- When in parking lots, direct vehicles and pedestrians to appropriate areas and assist with appropriate traffic flow set up while wearing a reflective vest when applicable
- Assist in closing the parking area
- Keep accurate time records and abide by the meal and rest period policy
- Assist other departments when necessary and as directed by a supervisor
- Existing knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the following
- Be familiar with street names and Hollywood Bowl traffic posts in the area
- When encountering the public, be firm yet courteous
- Be aware of your surroundings. You may see cars, but they may not see you.
- Parking policies and procedures
- Parking pass identification
- Layout of theatre and grounds
- Event times and program information
- Ability to:
- Work outside
- Bend, stand and walk (including hilly terrain and stairs) for a duration of entire work shift
- Lift and carry up to 20 pounds
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page .
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.