- John WILLIAMS Centennial Overture (world premiere, written in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Hollywood Bowl)
- STRAVINSKY Variation d'Apollon and Pas de deux Apollon et Terpsichore from Apollo
- John WILLIAMS Escapades from Catch Me If You Can
- RAVEL Tzigane
- Novena Carmel with Let It Happen
- Gwen Stefani and LA Phil
- Gwen Stefani and LA Phil, YOLA, UCLA Bruin Marching Band, USC Trojan Marching Band, Let It Happen
- Gwen Stefani
- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Gustavo Dudamel, conductor
- Roberto Bolle, dancer
- Tiler Peck, dancer
- Branford Marsalis, saxophone
- Eric Revis, double bass
- Matthew Howard, vibraphone
- María Dueñas, violin
- Novena Carmel
- Let It Happen
- YOLA (Youth Orchestra Los Angeles)
- UCLA Bruin Marching Band
- USC Trojan Marching Band
About this Performance
It's a celebration of the Hollywood Bowl's first 100 years, featuring a sensational lineup of musicians paying tribute to LA's summer home for music. Gustavo and the Los Angeles Philharmonic join up with the incomparable Gwen Stefani. Both as a solo artist and as frontwoman of No Doubt, Stefani is a Southern California icon, a three-time Grammy winner whose massive songs—including “Don’t Speak,” “Hollaback Girl,” “Used to Love You,” and so many more—have made her beloved the world over.
Dudamel and the LA Phil open the evening with the world premiere of a fanfare legendary composer John Williams wrote to commemorate the Bowl’s centennial, followed by music that pays homage to the venue’s history with Broadway, symphonic music, and dance—including an appearance by Italian ballet star Roberto Bolle and musicians from YOLA. Plus, enjoy music by jazz great Branford Marsalis, talented dance trio Let It Happen, the first-ever joint performance by members of the UCLA Bruin and USC Trojan marching bands, and a sky full of fireworks.
Reserve now as an Opening Night Patron for the ultimate VIP experience. Your VIP Package guarantees priority concert seating and ensures your spot in the evening’s celebration. Your night will feature a pre-concert reception and prime box seating with a curated dinner. All proceeds from Hollywood Bowl Opening Night benefit the Los Angeles Philharmonic and its Learning and community programs. Please contact Special Events at email@example.com or 213.972.3051 if you are interested in becoming an Opening Night Patron.
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.