Hollywood Bowl patrons are responsible for their own conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons using their tickets. Venue staff will strive to maintain an atmosphere where all in attendance can enjoy the concert/performance. Event patrons and guests in violation of the Customer Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection, arrest, and/or loss of ticket privileges for future events.
Please arrive at the theater with enough time to take your seats before the scheduled performance. Please be courteous and respectful to those seated around you and refrain from behavior that interferes with others' ability to enjoy the event. Remember that every attendee wants to enjoy this event, not just you. Similarly, venue personnel strive to treat all guests in a consistent, professional and courteous manner.
If the behavior of a patron or patrons around you becomes disruptive or violates the Customer Code of Conduct, the incident should be reported to the nearest usher or security person. To report an incident discreetly during an event, a text can be placed to the Customer Courtesy Line using the keyword BOWL to 69050. Customers may also reach us after concerts via Audience Services at 323-850-2000, between 10 am and 6 pm daily.
Patrons shall comply with requests from venue staff regarding venue operational and emergency procedures.
When attending an event at the Hollywood Bowl you are required to observe the following:
What Can I Bring?
You may bring food and drink to the Hollywood Bowl.
Large containers, picnic baskets, or coolers measuring more than 15" wide, 15" high, or 22" long will not be permitted past the ticket gate. All containers, picnic baskets and coolers must be able to fit under the seat or within the box. For the safety of all our patrons and to comply with fire regulations, the aisles and walkways of the Hollywood Bowl must be kept clear at all times.
Patrons who consume alcoholic beverages must do so in a responsible manner. The Bowl reserves the right to deny entrance or eject anyone who appears to be intoxicated.
For LA Phil presented events, you can bring wine bottles, wine glasses and beer bottles inside.
Please note the following items are NOT permissible for third-party Lease Events:
(ANDY HEWITT | BILL SILVA PRESENTS | LIVENATION; Mariachi USA and The Korea Times)
- Alcohol and/or controlled substances. You may purchase alcohol inside. (You may bring in factory sealed plastic bottles with non-alcoholic beverages, one liter in size or less.)
- Glass (including drinking glasses) and aluminum cans, regardless of content.
- Reusable liquid containers (such as Camelbak or Nalgene bottles).
Prohibited items/activities for all events:
- No kegs of any kind are allowed. Tailgating in the parking lots is not permitted.
- Weapons are not allowed at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Any form of camera stand (monopods included)
- Selfie sticks
- Audio/video recording devices
- Laser pointers/glow sticks
- Electronic devices such as laptop, computer, and tablets are permitted in the Hollywood Bowl as long as they do not interfere with other patrons' enjoyment of the program. The Hollywood Bowl reserves the right to ask any patron to discontinue use of such devices.
Your safety is our top priority. In addition to already existing measures, we have implemented new security features to enhance the safety and overall concert experience for everyone. Please give yourself ample time to get to your seats (arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your ticketed time).
Metal Detectors – There are walk-through metal detectors at all entrance points. This process is like those used in most major stadiums and arenas. When going through the metal detectors, please be aware that bags, hats, cell phones, cameras, tablets, computers and any large metal items need to be removed and shown to the attendants. Belts, coins, keys, and wallets do not need to be removed from your person or pockets. You will continue to be able to bring picnics and other items you normally bring to concerts.
Mid-Gate – To help everyone enter the venue with ease, we have expanded the Mid-Gate entrance. The Mid-Gate is located just up the hill from the Main Gate on the west edge of parking lot A. (West Gate is also available as normal.)
- As a courtesy to the performers and the audience, latecomers will not be seated until the earliest appropriate opportunity in the concert at the discretion of management.
- Please note that certain programs are performed without intermission. Therefore, no late seating can be offered at those concerts.
- Patrons shall only occupy a seat or remain in an area for which they possess a valid ticket and shall provide their ticket upon request.
- For the safety of all, patrons shall not block the aisles in any way.
- Patrons shall avoid blocking the view of others. That said, during some concerts, the artist(s) may request that people be permitted to stand immediately in front of their own seats during some parts of the performance. On those occasions, standing may continue but be respectful of others and try to avoid blocking their view.
- All patrons two years and older must have a ticket, though there is no minimum age for admittance.
- Unnecessary noise or movements during the concert not only distract your fellow audience members, but also performers. Patrons (and their children) who make such disruptions may be removed from the theater.
Gate Opening Times
- Monday and all Lease Events: 90 minutes prior to start time
- Tuesday/Thurs Classical series concerts: 2 hours prior
- Wednesday Jazz series: 2 hours prior
- Sunday World Music series: 90 minutes prior
The gate opens 2 1/2 hour prior for all other concerts (including non-subscription shows, as well as any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday concert *NOT* part of Classical or Jazz series).
By law (LACC 17.04.645), smoking is not permitted on the Hollywood Bowl grounds, except in designated areas. Violators are subject to removal. Smoking in any other areas could lead to arrest, and this would be considered a misdemeanor. Please refer to the map below for the areas at the Bowl designated for smoking.
Concert Etiquette - relative to music series or genre of music:
Different genres of music may encourage different audience responses. Be responsible and be aware of how the audience in general is responding.
- Rock, Jazz, World Music, non-classical performances: patrons may dance and clap if the artist encourages it, but please don’t speak loudly out of respect for artists and audience who are there to enjoy the music.
- Pops/Weekend Spectacular concerts: In most cases it is expected that you will quietly enjoy the concerts. In some instances, the artist may encourage audience participation. If so, please ensure you do not diminish the enjoyment of the concert for others seated near you.
- Classical performances: Please remain seated and quietly enjoy the concert.