"Sing the Truth" plus A Tribute to Natalie Cole -
Starring Patti Austin, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Terri Lyne Carrington, Judith Hill, Ledisi
and special guest Freddy Cole
Wednesday, September 14
Brainfeeder at the Hollywood Bowl - Show Added
Featuring Flying Lotus, Funkadelic featuring George Clinton & Parliament, Thundercat, Shabazz Palaces,
and The Gaslamp Killer
Saturday, September 17
Additional artists added throughout the Hollywood Bowl 2016 Summer Season
"5 or More" Subscriptions on Sale Tomorrow
Tuesday, March 15, at 10AM
Los Angeles, CA (March 14, 2016) - The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association today announced the following updates to the Hollywood Bowl 2016 summer season.
- Dr. John & The Nite Trippers added to close the evening, and special guests Irma Thomas and Cyril Neville join The Allen Toussaint Band for Yes We Can Can: An Allen Toussaint Salute. (July 20)
- Straight No Chaser confirmed to open for "Weird Al" Yankovic. (July 22 and 23)
- Updates confirmed for the Bowl's fully staged musical, A Chorus Line - original direction and choreography restaged by Baayork Lee; Patrick Vaccariello set as conductor. (July 29, 30 and 31)
- Special guests Herb Alpert, Lani Hall, Dianne Reeves, Romero Lubambo confirmed to appear with Sergio Mendes & 50 Years of Brasil '66, and soprano Angel Blue also confirmed for the program. (August 12 and 13)
- City and Colour set to open for Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals. (August 19)
- Booker T - Stax Revue set to perform an opening set at Mega Nova featuring Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Cindy Blackman Santana, Marcus Miller and Carlos Santana. (August 24)
- SHOW ADDED: "Sing the Truth" plus A Tribute to Natalie Cole starring Patti Austin, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Terri Lyne Carrington, Judith Hill, and Ledisi, along with special guest Freddy Cole. (September 14)
- SHOW ADDED: Brainfeeder at the Hollywood Bowl featuring Flying Lotus, Funkadelic featuring George Clinton & Parliament, Thundercat, Shabazz Palaces, and The Gaslamp Killer. (September 17)
Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 15, "5 or More" subscriptions become available. "5 or More" packages allow for a customized subscription. Choose any five concerts, get the best available seats, and enjoy a sixth concert for free.
Tickets for the Hollywood Bowl 2016 summer season will be available online at HollywoodBowl.com or via phone at 323.850.2000 on the following dates:
"5 or More" packages will be available tomorrow, March 15, 2016, at 10 AM.
The Hollywood Bowl box office opens for single tickets on May 1, 2016.
About the Hollywood Bowl
One of the largest natural amphitheaters in the world, with a seating capacity of nearly 18,000, the Hollywood Bowl has been the summer home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic since its official opening in 1922, and plays host to the finest artists from all genres of music. It remains one of the best deals anywhere in Los Angeles; to this day, $1 buys a seat at the top of the Bowl for many classical and jazz offerings. The venue offers something for everyone, from its sizzling summer evening concerts to the daytime arts festival for children, "SummerSounds: World Music for Kids at the Hollywood Bowl." In February 2016, the Hollywood Bowl was named Best Major Outdoor Concert Venue for the twelfth year in a row at the 27th Annual Pollstar Concert Industry Awards. For millions of music lovers across Southern California, the Hollywood Bowl is synonymous with summer. http://www.HollywoodBowl.com
# # #