Dudamel Conducts Mahler’s Eighth
Feel the energy when Gustavo Dudamel ignites the monumental and explosive "Symphony of a Thousand".
- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Gustavo Dudamel conductor
- Tamara Wilson soprano
- Leah Crocetto soprano
- Joélle Harvey soprano
- Mihoko Fujimura mezzo-soprano
- Tamara Mumford mezzo-soprano
- Joseph Kaiser tenor
- Ryan McKinny baritone
- Morris Robinson bass
- Los Angeles Master Chorale
- Grant Gershon Artistic Director
- Pacific Chorale
- Robert Istad Artistic Director
- Los Angeles Children’s Chorus
- Fernando Malvar-Ruiz Artistic Director
- National Children’s Chorus
- Luke McEndarfer Artistic Director
About This Performance
Dudamel is renowned for his Mahler interpretations, but neither he nor anyone else has performed the monumental “Symphony of a Thousand” inside Walt Disney Concert Hall. Just imagine the huge orchestra, pipe organ and massed choirs in the explosive opening movement, “Come, Creator Spirit.”
These performances are made possible by generous support from the Lloyd E. Rigler – Lawrence E. Deutsch Foundation.
Enhance Your Experience
Upbeat Live with Asadour Santourian – 1pm
Before the concert, some of the sharpest musical minds around – including members of the LA Phil – guide you through the evening’s music, complete with a Q&A session for any lingering questions. This free event is held in BP Hall, accessible after your ticket is scanned.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.