Maestro of the Movies: The Music of John Williams
Fri / Aug 30, 2019 - 8:00PM
John Williams hosts and David Newman conducts the LA Phil in our annual celebration of the music of John Williams – including film clips.
- WHITING, arr. John WILLIAMS "Hooray For Hollywood" from Hollywood Hotel
- John WILLIAMS The Cowboys Overture
- John WILLIAMS Two Selections from Jane Eyre
- John WILLIAMS "Han Solo and the Princess" from The Empire Strikes Back (with film)
- Alfred NEWMAN 20th Century Fox Fanfare
- Alfred NEWMAN Theme from How the West Was Won (with film)
- Richard RODGERS "The Carousel Waltz" from Carousel Film Score Suite
- John WILLIAMS Theme from Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- John WILLIAMS Opening Sequence from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (with film)
- John WILLIAMS Excerpts from Jurassic Park (with film)
- John WILLIAMS Excerpts from Saving Private Ryan (with film)
- John WILLIAMS "The Adventures of Han" from Solo: A Star Wars Story
- John WILLIAMS "Luke and Leia" from Return of the Jedi
- John WILLIAMS Star Wars Main Title
About this Performance
John Williams’ history with the Hollywood Bowl is legendary. This year, our beloved master of cinematic scores introduces a memorable evening of his movie music to be conducted by his colleague and friend, maestro David Newman, including some selections performed with film clips. It’s an unforgettable concert you won’t want to miss!
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.