Gustavo Dudamel & Oscar D’León
Thu / Aug 16, 2018 - 8:00PM
The “Lion of Salsa” stirs it up with Dudamel and the LA Phil.
- GINASTERA Obertura para el “Fausto” criollo
- ESTÉVEZ Mediodia en el Llano
- ORBÓN Tres versiones sinfónicas
- STRAUSS, JR. (arr. Paul DESENNE) Tritsch-Tratsch Polka, “Triqui Traqui”
- Arturo MÁRQUEZ Conga del Fuego Nuevo
- OSCAR D’LEÓN with the LA PHIL Selections to be announced from the stage
About this Performance
Venezuelan singer and bassist Oscar D’León will be making his Los Angeles Philharmonic debut. Heavily influenced by Cuban musicians, he taught himself to play bass by listening and playing along to records. Now known as the “Lion of Salsa,” he has an impressive body of work and has toured and recorded extensively.
Please note: The National Ballet of Cuba has been forced to withdraw from the previously announced The Nutcracker with Dudamel concerts at the Hollywood Bowl on Tuesday, August 14, and Thursday, August 16 (both at 8pm), due to challenges with visas. Concerts with Omara Portuondo and Oscar D’León, both with the Los Angeles Philharmonic and Gustavo Dudamel, have been announced in their place.
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.