- Miss Peggy Lee At 100
- The Legendary Count Basie Orchestra
- Scotty Barnhart, director
- Debbie Harry, special guest
- Additional guests to be announced
About this Performance
This event has been canceled. In response to the latest guidance of public health officials and in an effort to protect our artists, audiences, staff, and community from the spread of COVID-19, we are canceling the 2020 season at the Hollywood Bowl. This includes LA Phil-presented concerts scheduled from June 6 through September 26.
Ticketholders to canceled events can:
- Donate their tickets and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value. Your generosity will directly support the musicians, teachers, students, and staff of our orchestra, ensuring that our community is alive with music, today and always.
- Use the credit for a future LA Phil-produced concert at the Hollywood Bowl, Walt Disney Concert Hall, or The Ford
- Request a refund
Visit this page for latest updates and to learn more.
One of the most popular jazz singers of the big band era, with a smoky subtlety that could stop the brashest band in its tracks, Peggy Lee sang her way to 13 Grammy® nominations and two awards – including one for Lifetime Achievement – with her trademark voice. Not only did she bring a velvety tone to her work with Benny Goodman, scoring major hits with “Somebody Else is Taking My Place” and “Why Don’t You Do Right?,” she was also an accomplished writer, with songs like “Mañana” and “I Don’t Know Enough About You” earning her induction into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Long after most singers of her era had retired, she continued to grow artistically and commercially, scoring a hit in 1969 with the Lieber and Stoller song “Is That All There Is?” and teaming up with Paul McCartney, who wrote, arranged, and produced the title track of her 1974 album Let’s Love. To celebrate her 100th birthday, Debbie Harry joins the backing of The Legendary Count Basie Orchestra, who open the evening with a rousing set of standards and favorites from the swing era.See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.